Goals & Objectives—2018-2019
- Goal #1—Academic Accountability:
All students will receive increased quality and/or quantity of education of CCSS in ELA and Math.
- 100% highly qualified teachers: Provide Induction for new teachers.
- Provide professional development in the implementation of CCSS in ELA , Math, and RTI with a focus on engagement strategies.
- Increase student academic achievement in 3rd-8th grade by 10%, as measured by the CAASPP.
- Continue to administer benchmark assessments to measure student mastery of CCSS in Reading Inventory, math, and writing 3 times per year.
- Focus on the 4 main questions:
- What do we want the students to learn?
- How will we know if they learned it?
- What will we do if they do not learn it?
- What will we do if they learn it?
- Re-designate English Learners to fluent in English within 5 years.
- Provide additional push-in support to grades TK-5th to support ELA and math instruction to help all students master grade level standards.
- Provide students with after school extra-curricular activities. 2 sessions per year.
- Provide students with enrichment/academic opportunities during the summer.
- Goal #2—Communications:
To ensure that all stake holders are informed as it relates to academics, attendance, and student events.
- Maintain the District/School website with up to date information.
- Provide families with weekly information.
- Communicate expected student behavior and follow through with expectations. Maintain high expectations for all.
- Communicate and implement Anti Bullying program:
- ABC Program
- Social Media (6th-8th grade)
- Provide parents with information on student academic achievement (Spanish translation).
- Offer monthly parent education events to address CCSS, attendance, safety, & technology.
- Monitor student attendance to maintain ADA of 96.5% and communicate with parents.
- Goal # 3—Technology:
To ensure that students will have access to technology to support college and career readiness as determined by the CCSS.
- Provide computer access to all students.
- Goal #4—Safety:
To maintain a safe, clean, orderly campus.
- Maintain a drug free, safe campus.
- Provide appropriate levels of supervision on playground and lunch area.
- Maintain grounds and facility to reflect high standards.
- Provide staff online safety training to ensure zero accidents for staff.
- Establish a list of priorities for future improvements:
- PE Storage facility
- Carpet Replacement Library, District Office
- Bus Replacement
- Solar (Prop 39 dollars)
- Field and campus landscaping
- Water Issue
- Contribute to deferred maintenance for campus and classroom improvements.
- Goal #5—Finances:
To ensure fiscal solvency.
- To provide a balanced budget.
- To educate all stakeholders in Local Control Funding Formula and LCAP.
- Maintain District Reserves.