Keep the main thing the main thing!
Dear Spring Grove Families—
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year. At Spring Grove School our focus is on ALL Means ALL. The Spring Grove staff and Board of Trustees are committed to providing interventions and enrichments to meet the needs of all students. Through the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) the District developed actions and services that include the following:
- One to one technology for all 2nd-8th grade students.
- Extended Day Intervention support for 1st-3rd grade students.
- After School Tutoring for 4th-8th grade students.
- Evening tutoring from (January-April).
- Full time intervention teacher—4th-8th grade.
- Push-In Intervention Support Specialists in all TK-5th grade classes.
- Full time ELD teacher 1st-8th grade.
- After school enrichment classes 1st-8th grade.
- Footsteps 2 Brilliance PreK-3rd grade students.
- Spanish translation during conferences, Back to School Night, and parent meetings.
- Social Media education.
- Orton-Gillingham training for 24 staff members to address students at risk of learning difficulties and special education students.
- New math curriculum 5th-8th grade.
- Supplemental curriculum for language arts, science, and social studies.
- Purchase of a new 2018 school bus (with seatbelts).
- AVID training for middle school teachers.
- Funds for deferred maintenance- new carpet, security fencing, shade structure.
- Professional development in curriculum, mindfulness, and classroom management for staff.
Through the District’s work with Multi Systems Tiers of Support (MTSS) Grant, we will continue to fine tune our programs to help ALL students reach their maximum potential.
Every child, everyday whatever it takes!
637-5574 ext. 200